This course, designed by Patroklos P. Papapetrou, one of the authors of “Application Development with Maven”, is the ideal hands-on workshop to learn the core ideas of using Maven for building, testing, deploying and releasing an Android application.
Who should attend
It is addressed to Android and Java Developers, testers, architects and devops engineers, interested in automating the development process of an Android application using Maven.
Participants will learn how to configure Maven for every phase of the development lifecycle, automate everything (from building to testing and deployment) and leave developers do the hard work. Since this course is not an Android course, it will not teach you how to develop Android applications but how to effectively use Maven to leave you more free time and space for actual coding.
During the 1 day training, the following themes will be approached:
- Installing and configure maven including IDE configuration
- Developing and building Android projects
- Running Unit tests
- Running instrumentation and UI tests
- Managing multiple versions of the same App
- Releasing your App
- Integrating with useful tools like GenyMotion and SonarQube
Although it’s not required, it will be a plus for the participants if they’re already familiar with Java and Android development and the practices of Unit and Instrumental testing. A Github account is needed because it will be used during the workshop. No previous maven experience is required as we go step-by-step.
- Included: welcome coffee, lunch and coffee breaks
- Language: English
- Participants will receive a certificate of attendance
Need more information? Contact us and we’ll help you choose the right course for you.