Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) is a framework for scaling agile development to multiple teams. LeSS builds on top of the Scrum principles such as empiricism, cross-functional self-managing teams and provides a framework for applying that at scale. It provides simple structural rules and guidelines on how to adopt Scrum in large product development.
The Certified LeSS Practitioner course is an in-depth course covering the LeSS principles, framework and rules, and guides. It provides essential information for adopting and improving LeSS to your product development group. The course contains an overview of LeSS, stories on LeSS adoptions, exercises and extensive LeSS Q&A to ensure we discuss the topics most of interest to the participants.
Who should attend
The Certified LeSS Practitioner course is for anyone who is involved a large agile adoption.
You should attend this three days workshop if you want to:
- Understand and focus on the LeSS Overview, the LeSS Principles and organizational aspects
- Learn to manage the product development with Definition of Done, role of the Product Owner and how (line) managements role changes in LeSS
- Learn how the different teams coordinate their work, how LeSS is adopted in organizations and the role of the ScrumMaster
- Day 1
– Scrum, LeSS and LeSS Huge Overview
– LeSS Principles
– Organizing around Customer Value and Feature Teams
- Day 2
– What is your product?
– Definition of Done and its impacts
– Feature Team Adoption Map
– Product Owner and Product Backlog
– Role of Management
– Organizational impacts and typical LeSS organizational structure
- Day 3
– LeSS Product Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Review and Retrospective
– Consideration on technical practices when scaling
– Integration & Coordination
– Adopting LeSS in your organisation
– Case Study: Bwin.party (now part of GVC)
– ScrumMaster role within LeSS
Basic Scrum knowledge is expected and can be achieved by attending a Certified ScrumMaster or a Professional ScrumMaster course, or thoroughly reading Scrum introduction material such as the Scrum Primer and practicing Scrum.
- Included: welcome coffee, lunch and coffee breaks
- Training language: English
- Participants will receive a certificate of attendance
- Participants will be a Certified LeSS Practitioner and will get an account on less.works. Here they can find additional information about LeSS, share course information and stay in contact with the other course participants
- All participants get access to the draft of the new upcoming book: Large-Scale Scrum: More with LeSS
Need a customized workshop? Contact us and we’ll adapt the content as required.