Have you ever noticed any of the following behaviors in your team: self-overloading, procrastination, manipulation attempts, excessive criticism, verbal attacks, blaming attitude or silly mistakes? If you’ve noticed one or more of them, you are probably aware that the underlying cause is stress, which sometimes spirals into conflict. Conflict decreases efficiency, which affects your business.
In this seminar you will learn how to communicate better in the team in order to avoid conflicts and increase efficiency.
Who should attend
- ScrumMasters who want to create a positive and productive environment for their teams
- Team leaders looking to increase team and project efficiency
- Managers who need to communicate with different internal and external clients and are looking for new perspectives on conflict resolution and negociation
In a dynamic environment such as IT, the Process Communication Model® will support you in:
- Identifying and using the most efficient communication channel with your team
- Interact with your team in a manner that will be most effective to attaining your objectives
- Engage with your team in a working environment most efficient for each member
- Identify potential distress sources and behaviors for yourself and your team
- Proactively act to avoid destructive behavior and distress
Each of us perceives the world through different “lenses” and this translates into different ways to communicate, learn, be motivated and behave in distress. During this module we will explore and understand the different perceptions and understand how this impacts our interactions and behaviour.
- Personality types and structure
According to Dr. Taibi Kahler there are 6 personality types, each with its preferred perception, strengths and distress behaviour patterns. In this module we will discuss how these personality types fit into our individual personality structure.
- Interaction styles
During this module we will discuss and exercise different interaction styles in order to better understand which is most efficient within your team.
- Personality parts & communication channels
The communication channels module will provide you with a deep understanding of how each of us “hears” most effectively the message one is sending. Through role playing and debriefing sessions we will learn how to appropriately use each channel in order to be listened to, not only heard.
- Environment preferences
Each of us works more efficiently differently. The environmental preferences module explains which type of environment is most proficient for each of us. This will aid you in managing your team more constructively for each member.
- Psychological needs
During this module we will discuss what makes us tick and how to positively motivate ourselves and our team members. Through examples and role playing we will explore what means and how to motivate positively.
- Distress sequences of every personality type
Distress patterns are unique and predictable for each personality type. We will discover what destructive behaviour looks like, what triggers it and how to avoid it or return to positive and productive behaviour.
- Conflict management
With all that we have learned, we can now discuss specific cases from your organization or teams and create individual and team action plans in order to reduce conflict and increase efficiency.
Before the seminar all participants need to fill in a questionnaire, which will provide each with an individual profile report
- Included: welcome coffee, lunch and coffee breaks
- Training language: English/Romanian
- Participants will receive a certificate of attendance
Need a customized workshop? Contact us and we’ll adapt the content as required.