Learn from Thomas Sundberg how to test your web applications using Selenium WebDriver.
Selenium WebDriver is a test automation tool that will allow you to automate testing of your web application from end to end with a web browser just like an actual user.
This interactive, hands on course allows you to discover the fundamentals of the Selenium WebDriver, it’s advanced concepts and techniques. You will first learn concepts, the tool chain, its capabilities and limitations. Then you’ll learn the best practices, tools and techniques defined by the community to build a robust Selenium WebDriver infrastructure.
This course covers Selenium Web Driver techniques that will require programming.
Who should attend
The course is for beginners and testing experts who need to develop or improve test automation using Selenium WebDriver.
The students must have programming experience from programming Java, C# or similar. All programming exercises will be performed using Java.
In this course you will learn how to test a web application using different browsers and on different operating systems. You will also know how to integrate this testing in your continuous integration.
Finally you will know what to test and what not to test.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Know when to automate and when not to automate
- Record and replay usage of a web page using Selenium IDE
- Write Java test to automate any web application
- Execute tests on different browsers
- Execute tests on different operating systems
- Headless testing
- Handle timing issues with Ajax components
- Locate components using different locating strategies
- Write tests using the Page Objects pattern
- Use data driven tests
- Capture a screen shot on a failing test
This is a two-day course that will cover these subjects:
- Introduction to test automation
- The Selenium echo system
- Selenium IDE
- Selenium WebDriver server
- Test organisation
- Page Object Pattern
- Ajax and timing issues
- Varying browsers and operating systems
- Selenium Grid
Presentations of the theories will be mixed with hands on exercises to ensure that all students understand the theory and can apply them.
The students will verify a web application with prepared common problems following a written laboratory instruction.
All material used in the course has been developed by the teacher and will be available for the students after the course.
The students are expected to bring a laptop with a development environment for Java installed. All additional tools will be available for the students on a USB stick together with solutions to the exercises.
- Included: welcome coffee, lunch and coffee breaks
- Language: English
- Participants will receive a certificate of attendance
Need more information? Contact us and we’ll help you choose the right course for you.