This is a one-day workshop that helps your team become proficient in using user stories for capturing requirements and gaining a deep understanding of specifications. During the workshop, participants learn how to translate product roadmaps into small increments of functionality that are truly “done”. This ensures great flexibility in development and enables iterations of one week or even less. The content is oriented to practice. Most of the day participants are doing hands-on exercises with the received tools, with the benefit of starting to use these right away in their day to day work.
Who should attend
The workshop is aimed at Product Owners, Scrum Masters and all other members of agile teams struggling, from developers to testers, to bring their user stories down to a level where they could be implemented in a few days. More senior managers can also gain a better understanding of how the product portfolio and company vision can be described in full detail with the help of user stories.
- To write requirements with user stories
- How to tell if you’ve written a good user story
- How to keep your focus on the customer needs
- Splitting patterns for large user stories
- Creating product backlogs with the help of user stories
- Creating roadmap of your products
- Adding detail with acceptance criteria
- How to benefit by identifying good acceptance criteria
- Thinking in terms of features
- Your users as main beneficiary of simple solutions for their needs
- The anatomy of a user story
- INVEST criteria
- Acceptance criteria
- User needs modeling with personas
- Features and tasks, how do they relate?
- Product roadmap and vision
- Release planning and sprint planning using user stories
The participants should have at least one year of working experience.
- Included: welcome coffee, lunch and coffee breaks
- Training language: English/Romanian
- Participants will receive a certificate of attendance
Need a customized workshop? Contact us and we’ll adapt the content as required.