J.B. Rainsberger and Alex Bolboaca, two experienced programmers, trainers and consultants, with more than 15 years in the software development field, took the stage and answered a series of questions about how to create better software design. Their live conversation meant sharing valuable insights and new perspectives with the audience.
Below you can watch the third part of the Q&A session.
The first part of the series is about Fundamentals. The second is about TDD and software architecture.
In this part, the following topics are tackled:
- how important is design consistency
- upfront vs. emergent design
- balancing good design with performance
- foster team work between team members with different levels of experience in software design
- integrate junior professionals in the team