Geographically distributed projects are a reality in many organizations today; teams spread across multiple locations — diverse cities, states, countries, cultures and time zones.
Getting the most out of a geographically distributed team is a challenge, one that is brought into sharp focus when agile methods are used. Agile and lean techniques place an emphasis on close collaboration and working together to deliver business value, but how do you achieve the levels of collaboration necessary when the team is spread across various locations, with testers in Bangalore and Poland, developers in Israel and Greece, customers in France and the UK and management in Cleveland and San Francisco?
After this interactive and experiential workshop, you will understand the challenges facing distributed agile teams, and have approaches and techniques to address these challenges in order to create the most productive and effective team environment possible, enabling your distributed teams to deliver business value in an agile and lean way.
Who Should Attend
This hands-on, practical workshop is designed for Managers, agile Project Managers, Scrum Masters, iteration Managers, Business Stakeholders, and anyone working with or on a distributed agile team.
- Language: English
- Experiential, hands-on, interactive online learning with practical examples
- Participants will be awarded a Mozaic Works certificate of completion
This Learning Program is Available on Demand
- Types of teams
- Elicit your specific problems now
- Human issues of distributed teams
- Building trust
- Characteristics of collaborative teams
- Communication in an agile distributed project
- Compare visual systems
- Meetings and tools
- What does done mean?
- Pairing and swarming over distance
- Program vs. project management
- What makes sense for you to do?
- Alternative lifecycles
- How to move to agile, step by step, depending on what the simulation shows you
- Solving your problems
- Summary and wrap-up
Experience on a distributed agile team