Regardless if you are an agile coach, a line manager or an HR professional, you need to understand how people strategy and people operations need to change when working in a company embracing the agile value structure. How do Performance Management, Recruitment, Learning and Development, Compensation and Benefits and the way we perform Employee Engagement Surveys change? What are the specific skills that we need to use to run an agile transformation from a people perspective? And is there still a need to do Succession Planning in the future?
Who should attend
Agile Coaches, consultants, HR managers, HR Business Partners, HR professionals, line managers, operational & business managers and consulting managers in both private and public sectors.
Attend this class if you want to learn:
- Why work with agility? Introduction to the agile approach and how it is related to Lean and systems thinking.
- What characterizes the agile mindset and how to change the traditional HR processes when we are working with agile values?
- How should HR adapt their work to create maximum value in an agile organization?
- How should recruitment, performance evaluations, and salary discussions look like?
- What concrete examples are there? How have others done? What works?
- How can you use agile techniques like Scrum and Kanban for HR?
Topics and Learning Objectives
- How HR can support an agile organizational transformation: Assess the current organizational structure and design a new structure that enables business agility, maximizes communication and collaboration within and among teams and enables the flow of value.
- Goal setting and performance management in a new way: Appraise current performance management practices and identify ways of bringing Agile thinking to enhance performance, accountability, and growth.
- Salaries and benefits for an agile organization: Describe and contrast traditional incentive structures with Agile-friendly structures, discuss the pros and cons of each approach and explain how they could apply them to their own environment.
- Job Roles – are they needed in the future? Develop an organizational action plan for role modeling an agile mindset and to build new skills that will enable cross-functional teams.
- Employee engagement in an agile manner: Recommend different motivational tools to be applied in a context and describe how the traditional employee engagement survey is changing.
- Talent acquisition and the candidate experience: Design a sourcing strategy that can be used to find and acquire the “right” people to support the strategic growth of the organization taking values, culture, diversity, and collaboration into the hiring decision.
- Agile learning: Suggest ways to enable and support a learning mindset in a team, supporting the shift from a focus on deficiencies to a focus on the development of new skills and capabilities.
- On-boarding practices for agile companies: Design an on-boarding experience that enables new employees to become a part of the organization rapidly and smoothly.
- Why the agile mindset is HRs responsibility: Design the talent/people elements needed to help support an Agile transition in an organization and explain how different contexts can influence the approach to be taken.
- The needed changes in the HR core function: Relate how the need for business agility affects the HR function and organization and how it impacts HR team members’ roles and behaviors.
- Practical tools, templates and exercises for HR and managers: How an HR department can work with agile tools and methods, for example with Kanban, Sprints, Scrum, and Retrospectives.
- Intermediate/advanced level; professional experience in HR is recommended
- An understanding of the fundamental Agile principles is useful but not mandatory
- Students can apply for their ICAgile ICP-TAL Certification (part of the Business Agility roadmap) by submitting their class assignment within two weeks of attending the course
- Duration: 2 days
- The class is delivered by an ICAgile Certified Trainer
- Training language: English, Italian
Need a customized workshop? Contact us and we’ll adapt the content as required.