In a world that’s asking for changes faster and faster, a prevalent characteristic we ask from our software desire is changeability. This workshop teaches the team members the key elements of how to create software that has low change costs.
This practical 2-day workshop helps software developers through hands-on exercises, activities and theoretical discussions.
Why should attend
You will benefit from this workshop if:
- You inherited a big ball of mud code base that you need to change and you’re thinking there must be a better way
- You’re often asked to make changes to your code that sound easy and simple but prove very lengthy
- You are tired of fixing bugs in one part of the code while another one appears in a completely different part.
- You want to create a new system that is easy and cheap to change when adding new features
- Day 1
– Introduction to software design. What is good design?
– SOLID Principles – guidelines to follow to design for agility
– Practice SOLID principles
- Day 2
– How did we arrive at design patterns?
– Design Patterns – solutions to common software design problems
– Practice design patterns
– What’s next?
- Day 3 (optional, only for in-house workshops)
– Practical exercises on team’s production code with the focus on having a changeable design
- You need a laptop with a fully working development environment to use during the class.
- Included: welcome coffee, lunch and coffee breaks
- Training language: English/Romanian/French
- Participants will receive a certificate of attendance
Need a customized workshop? Contact us and we’ll adapt the content as required.