This 2-day hands-on workshop will teach you how to handle security while developing a software system. The purpose is to help you become aware of security risks and start improving the security of your software system, with a practical approach on the code design.
Who should attend
Any software professional involved in a software project or product.
- Understand the security mindset
- Learn and practice principles of secure software
- Model and practice the security of your software
- Intro. Security mindset.
- Common vulnerabilities & how to avoid them
- Principle: Defense in Depth
- Exercise: Design against vulnerabilities
- Validation. How to do it right. Caveats
- Exercise: Design validation
- Practical cryptography
- How to store passwords & secrets
- Exercise cryptography
- Data flows. Data flow diagram
- Exercise: create data flow diagram. Acknowledge risks
- Testing for security. Tools
- Exercise: testing for security
- THREAT modelling
- Exercise: Model your threats
- (Optional) Basic penetration testing and security test automation
- (Optional) Review your colleagues’ code for security issues
- Final Debriefing. What’s next?
- At least 2 years of experience in software development
- 40% coding exercises
- 30% lectures, explanations
- 30% Q&A, Anti-patterns, Feedback
- Demo from trainer
- Continuous Feedback. Helping participants unblock at any moment during the exercises
- Duration: 2 days, from 09:00 to 17:30
- Training language: English / Romanian / French
- Schedule a few Hands-on Training on the Job sessions with the trainer so that you will apply the concepts in production
- Attend the Designing for Performance workshop
Need a customized workshop? Contact us and we’ll adapt the content as required.