Who should attend
This course is designed for software developers, software architects, technical project managers, system administrators willing to understand the principles of DevOps and introduce more automation in software delivery processes inside their organizations.
- The course is based on real-world experiences implementing automation and DevOps initiatives.
- The course includes practical Lab work.
- The course material is continuously updated to follow the latest trends in automation tooling.
- The course will show many tools in action including Jenkins, ELK, ServerSpec, Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, Serverless.
- The course runs in a small group with a lot of discussion and experience exchange.
- Attendees will receive the optional coding assignment for skill polishing. Homework will be reviewed and supplemented by constructive feedback.
- Attendees will receive references to documents, books, videos, and GitHub projects for continuous, independent self-development.
This 2-day workshop focuses on solving the challenges that organizations face when implementing DevOps initiatives. It introduces principles of DevOps, tools that help reach full automation of infrastructure provisioning and software delivery by combining theoretical background with practical hands-on lab exercises:
- Introduction to DevOps: The story, Problems, Main principles
- Teamwork: DevOps team topologies, Unplanned work, Making work visible, KanBan for Ops, Site Reliability Engineers
- Automation is the key: Why to automate? What to automate? How to automate? When to not automate? Automation arguments, mathematical models, automation approaches
- Continuous X: Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Continuous Delivery, Relation to DevOps, Lean, and Agile
- Configuration management: Metadata management, Maturity model, Service Discovery, Configuration Servers, GitOps
- Infrastructure automation: Managing environments, Developer’s machine, From development to production, Infrastructure scaling, Mean time to recovery, Servers vs. Serverless, SDN (Software Defined Networks), SDx (Software Defined Everything)
- Cloud infrastructure: Public clouds, Private clouds, Cloud Economics, Cloud Security, IaaS (infrastructure as a service), PaaS (platform as a service), CaaS (container as a service), FaaS (function as a service)
- Tooling: Local development, Infrastructure connectivity, Infrastructure provisioning, Infrastructure testing, Infrastructure monitoring
- Lab work: Git, Vagrant, Packer, Bash/Fabric, Puppet/Ansible, ServerSpec, Jenkins/GitLab-CI/Bamboo, Docker, Terraform, AWS, Kubernetes, Serverless, ELK
All material used in the course has been developed by the teacher and will be available for the students after the course. The students are expected to bring a laptop with an environment set-up according to preparation instructions sent before the course. All additional tools will be available for the students on a USB stick together with solutions to the exercises.
- Included: welcome coffee, lunch and coffee breaks
- Training language: English
- Participants will receive a Mozaic Works certificate of attendance
Need a customized workshop? Contact us and we’ll adapt the content as required