Do you ever find yourself in the situation when adding new features is slow and painful because of the existing code or architecture and design has obvious issues? Then it is time to learn how to use refactoring effectively, to its real potential.
Who should attend
Programmers with at least 2 years experience
- Do refactoring as a normal part of the development
- Never halt production to refactor
- Solve incrementally the architecture and design issues, based on the current needs
- Intro. What is good design?
- Basic code refactoring techniques. Refactor in baby steps
- Design Principles
- Overview SOLID Principles and Four Elements of Simple Design
- When to do performance Optimization
- Exercise: Use Refactoring with Four Elements of Simple Design & SOLID
- Effectively use your IDE for refactoring
- Single Responsibility Principle, clear names, remove similarities
- Overview of Design Patterns – solutions to common software design problems
- Exercise: Use Design Patterns effectively. Debrief: How to use Design Patterns Effectively
- Exercise: Refactoring to Patterns
- Remove conditionals – why, how to
- Exercise: Use Design Patterns to remove conditionals
- Final debrief. What’s next?
- Practical knowledge of at least one programming language
- 40% coding exercises
- 30% lectures, explanations
- 30% Q&A, Feedback, Anti-patterns
- Demo from trainer
- Continuous Feedback. Helping participants unblock at any moment during the exercises
- Duration: 2 days, from 09:00 to 17:30
- Training language: English / Romanian / French
- Schedule a few Hands-on Training on the Job sessions with the trainer so that you will apply the concepts in production
- Attend the Working FAST and Safe with Existing Code workshop to learn how to add automated tests to existing code
- Join the Applied Advanced Unit Testing Workshop to learn tips and tricks to make your automated testing faster and more efficient.
Need a customized workshop? Contact us and we’ll adapt the content as required.