This workshop prepares people who may have only been on one side of the interview as a candidate to effectively participate on an interviewing team and effectively evaluate candidates. It specifically address the cultural issues and particulars of finding candidates who can successfully integrate into your agile team.
This workshop is based on Johanna’s book, Hiring Geeks That Fit. Each participant will receive a copy of the book as part of the workshop.
Who should attend
This course aims at technical staff, including team leads, developers, testers, engineers, writers, support staff and recruiters.
In this workshop we will define what makes your agile team unique, and what kinds of questions to ask. It also helps agile technical teams prepare, interview, and select candidates.
We’ll discuss and practice developing and using phone screen questions:
- to find candidates you want to interview
- how to plan the in-person interview
- how to ask questions in an in-person interview
- how to develop auditions and test those auditions
- how to provide feedback to the hiring manager.
2. What makes your agile team unique
- Discuss the particular qualities, preferences, and skills (technical and non-technical) you require in a candidate
- Discuss your agile culture
3. Develop interview skills
- Develop questions
- How to interview, whether for a phone screen or in-person
4. Develop auditions
- What an audition is
- How to develop auditions
- Activity: practice developing auditions
5. Plan and perform the interview
- Plan the interview
- Practice interview questions with coaching
6. After the interview
- How to provide feedback to the hiring manager
- Techniques to clarify your feedback
7. Wrap-up and feedback
- Included: welcome coffee, lunch and coffee breaks
- Language: English
- Participants will receive a certificate of attendance
Need more information? Contact us and we’ll help you choose the right course for you.