Documented business processes are typically very different from reality in dynamic, modern businesses. Therefore, you might be missing on fast improvements on the business value streams in your organization. This workshop will show how to make them visible.
Who should attend
Any leader from an organization can benefit from this workshop, including: Product Owners, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Managers, Executives, Scrum & Kanban team members, Scrum Masters, Team Leaders.
In this 1-day workshop, you will learn how to use Value Stream Mapping (VSM) to:
- Identify value streams for your team, department or company
- Visualize how the value flows
- Identify waste such as blockages, bottlenecks or iterations in the current processes
- Define experiments for reducing waste. This workshop is very practical, with about 50% of the time spent to practice the concepts that are presented. You will also benefit from the short presentation, continuous feedback from the trainer, Q&A, and Anti-patterns.
- The downsides of documented business processes in a dynamic environment
- Identifying the value streams in your team, department or company
- Value stream mapping basics
- Build a simple value stream map
- Complex value stream maps: parallel streams, iterations, conditionals
- Incrementally add details to the value stream map
- Identify waste
- Define improvement experiments
Optional, depending on time and audience:
- Facilitation techniques for the Value Stream Mapping workshop
For the best results, you should have a good understanding of the development and business processes in companies. This understanding typically develops after 3-5 years of professional work experience. Knowledge of agile and lean principles will help understand the content better.
- Included: welcome coffee, lunch and coffee breaks
- Training language: Romanian/English
- Participants will receive a certificate of attendance
Need more information? Contact us and we’ll help you choose the right course for you.