In this 2 day Introduction to iOS Development course, you will learn how to write and deploy applications that run on the iOS devices (iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad).
Without doubt, iOS is one of the most popular mobile operating systems amongst developers. And with version 7, it goes to a whole new level.
Who should attend
- Software developers who want to learn how to build apps for iPhone and iPad
- Architects who need a view on mobile design
- Technical managers who want to learn more about mobile development (building apps for iPhone and iPad)
Since its introduction as WWDC 2014, Swift has proven to be a worthy successor for Objective-C. Apple’s goal is to replace the old language with one that takes advantage of the latest innovations in hardware and computer science.
Through a series of presentations, practical examples and hands-on exercises, you will learn how to create superior apps. You’ll learn how to plan, build, debug and release iOS 7 apps.
- Convert your programming skills to Objective C
- Use the frameworks and design patterns provided by the SDK
- Build meaningful interfaces
The course covers all aspects of the Objective-C language, the Foundation & Cocoa Touch frameworks as well as iOS 7 and iPad specific topics.
1. Introduction to the App Store ecosystem
3. What is an app
- Exploring the app structure
- App signing & security
- Ad-hoc, beta & app store distribution
4. Prototyping your app
- The things you need to understand & create before writing code
- Application Definition Statement
- Creating a prototype using Keynote / Powerpoint
5. Swift overview of Swift
- Basic language concepts (data types, operators, flow control, collections, tuples)
- Functions & closures
- Advanced types: enumeration, structures & classes
- The power of optionals
- Combining Objective-C & Swift in the same project
- Migrating from Objective-C; start thinking in Swift
6. Storyboards and Autolayout
- Screens & segues
- Autolayout (using IB & programmatic)
7. Interface design
- Designing your app (from a prototype)
- Resources required
- Working with designers
8. Cocoa Touch frameworks
- Drawing with UIKit
- Understanding the MVC structure – Views & ViewControllers
- Container controllers: navigation, tab bar & split-view controllers
- Table & collection view controllers
- Delegates & data sources
- Handling user input
9. Data persistence
- Keychain, user defaults, plist, sqlite
- Introduction to Core Data
- Alternatives to Core Data (Realm)
10. Consuming Web Services
- Asynchronous requests using JSON & XML
- Integrating with Facebook Parse and Microsoft Cloud
11. Location services
- MapKit & CoreLocation
12. Photos framework
- Accessing the camera and photo library
13. Debugging techniques
- Memory warnings & memory leaks
- View debugging
- Simulate location
- Beta testing your apps
14. Releasing your app
- Tips & tricks for releasing on the App Store
Although no previous programming experience is required, knowledge of another object-oriented programming language will be highly advantageous.
Attendees will need a Mac running the latest OS X and stable release of Xcode.
- Included: welcome coffee and coffee breaks
- Training language: Romanian/English
- Participants will receive a certificate of attendance
Need a customized workshop? Contact us and we’ll adapt the content as required.