This 2-day hands-on workshop will guide you through the important details of developing flexible and easier to change object oriented code. You will discover and apply best practices for a faster development and for a code easier to be changed when needed. Also, you will be able to apply the acquired knowledge in production immediately.
Who should attend
- Learn and practice the fundamentals of Object Oriented Design
- Improve one’s knowledge of Design with objects
- Learn best practices with Object Oriented Design
- Intro. What is Object Oriented Design. More about messages, less about objects.
- Encapsulation. How much it’s needed.
- Exercise: use Encapsulation right
- Inheritance. When (not) to use it.
- Polymorphism. Patterns
- Liskov Substitution Principle
- Design Objects, not Classes.
- Stateless. Stateful.
- Objects. Do and Don’t.
- Exercise: Define Objects, APIs, Contracts
- Functional Programming and Object Oriented Design
- Exercise: Object Oriented Design with Lambdas.
- Demo: Strategy Pattern with Lambdas.
- Dependency Injection.
- Exercise: Dependency Injection used well.
- Testing Objects.
- Exercise: How to write good tests for objects.
- Final debriefing. What’s next?
- Know at least one programming language
- 40% hands-on coding
- 30% discussing on code and understanding evolution options
- 30% lectures
- Demo from trainer
- Continuous Feedback. Helping participants unblock at any moment during the exercises
- Duration: 2 days, from 09:00 to 17:30
- Training language: English / Romanian / French
- Schedule a few Hands-on Training on the Job sessions with the trainer so that you will apply the concepts in production
Need a customized workshop? Contact us and we’ll adapt the content as required.