Agile and Scrum focus teams on building the product, enhancing the roles of Product Manager and Product Owner. These roles are key members of a successful Agile teams. This training explains the key points of a Product Owner’s mission: define the product vision, its content and values for the customers and the company. Participants will learn how to interact with customer representatives and development teams, ensuring a continuous feedback and a value added result.
Based on an interactive approach the training will help you to understand the mission of Product Owner and apply it to your organization and effectively handle software product from roadmap and scoping to delivery
Who should attend
The Product Owner course is for managers, analysts, product managers, and anyone interested in working on or with a Scrum team. Through practical, hands-on exercises and small-group discussion you will be prepared to plan your first (or next) sprint immediately after this class. Scrum Masters can benefit from this course, because they must coach Product Owners in these skills.
“The course gives Management and Product Management means to have a better understanding of the uncertainty embedded in user stories and a shared understanding with Tech teams of Business Value.”
“This was One of the best place to realize the importance of face-to-face coworking. including target customers.”
“I really learned a lot in this training. I was new to agile Product Development and this course made me realize how creating great products is not only a question of smart marketing techniques but of new mindset about the relationship between development and customer.“
“The exercises used in the training are excellent, interactivity brings a lot of learning value.“
“I learned a lot about how Agile approach affects daily product management and development.”
- Product Owner Ecosystem participants
– Presentation the position of a Product Owner positioned in an Agile team and her interaction with other stakeholders
– Definition of Product Owner’s Profile
- Product Owner’s Mission
– How should a Product Owner manage the goal and facilitate team to keep on track of the shared Product vision and scope
– What are the responsibilities of the Product Owner in an Agile team
– What is the contribution of the Product Owner in the SCRUM ceremonies
– Manage product responsibility
- Product Owner’s artefacts
– The 2 sides of specifications: User Stories and acceptance tests
- Product Ownership applied; Learn how to
– Define and share product vision
– Define the product plan
– Learn how to manage by value and control perimeter
– Identify user profiles for your product (« persona » game)
– Master priority management through customer filters
– Master the UX approach, from epics to User Stories, Story Mapping technics
– Specify through example or using BDD and ATDD to create acceptance tests
We believe that best learning is achieved by practicing. For this reason, we build our courses in a very interactive way and use an important number of exercises. We also support the approach of training by the pairs, where participants share their understanding about the topics theached during the class.
Participants should be familiar with Agile principles.
- Trainer: Oana Juncu
- Duration: 2 days, daily from 09:00 to 17:30
- Included: welcome coffee, lunch and coffee breaks
- Training language: English/Romanian
- Participants will receive a certificate of attendance
Need a customized workshop? Contact us and we’ll adapt the content as required.