Agile Leadership for the 21st Century
Learn a new approach to implement the elements of radical management.
Today’s white-water environment requires the entire organization to be agile. With the abrupt, unpredictable and simultaneous shifts in markets, customers, communications, technology, competitors, talent and regulatory frameworks, the entire organization must be nimble to survive, let alone prosper. In this 2-day workshop, based on Stephen Denning’s “Radical Management”, you will find out how to accomplish the necessary paradigm shift in your organisation.
Just over a decade ago, a set of major management breakthroughs occurred. These breakthroughs enabled software development teams to achieve both disciplined execution and continuous innovation, something that was hitherto impossible to accomplish with traditional management methods. Over the last decade, these management practices, under various labels such as Agile, Scrum, Kanban and Lean, have been field-tested and proven in thousands of organizations around the world. Radical management distills, builds on and extends these principles, practices and values so that the entire organization can now achieve to apply the magic combination of disciplined execution and continuous innovation.
Who should attend
Offering a career-changing experience for anyone dissatisfied with rigidities of traditional management, this leadership workshop is for:
- Agile leaders and coaches wanting to convert the entire organization to Agile
- Business leaders needing to understand Agile management or achieve continuous innovation
- Entrepreneurs wanting to grow their startups without losing agility
In this intensive, interactive 2-day Executive Education workshop, you will learn how to get beyond the rigidities of traditional management and acquire the breakthrough capabilities involved in making the entire organization agile. You will learn how to implement the elements of radical management as an integrated whole so as to get extraordinary results for your organization, your customers and your workforce.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- How to take the breakthrough lessons of Agile software development and apply them systematically so as to transform the entire organisation
- How organizations like your own that have figured out how to get continuous innovation, and deep job satisfaction and delighted customers, and do this sustainably, as the permanent way in which the organization runs, all at the same time
- How to extract what is valuable in 20th Century management while supplementing that with the new leadership practices that are needed to operate successfully in the tumultuous world of the 21st Century
- A way of thinking, speaking and acting that is radically more productive for customers, employees and the organization
- How to accomplish these gains while creating authenticity in the workplace, for you, for the people you work with, for the people who work for you and for the organization’s brand.
- What’s happening in other organizations along with the broader global movement for management change, epitomized in the Agile Manifesto (2001) for software development and the Stoos Gathering (2012) for general management
- How to expand oases of continuous agility, particularly in software development with the advent of Agile, Scrum, Kanban and Lean and eliminate the conflicts with the general management practices within the firm as a whole.
- How to put in place together the right strategic goals, the right managerial roles, the right way to coordinate work, the right Agile values and the right way to communicate
This radical management workshop explores five fundamental shifts in management principles, each of which is based on many years of research and experience:
- A shift in the firm’s bottom line from maximizing shareholder value to customer delight (in public sector organizations: it’s a shift from outputs to stakeholder outcomes)
- A shift in the role of managers from controllers to enablers.
- A shift the coordination of work away from cumbersome bureaucracy (plans, reports, meetings) to agile linking of real work to customer outcomes.
- A shift from solely economic value to the values that will grow your organization: transparency, continuous improvement and sustainability.
- A shift in communications from top-down commands to conversations.
- Theoretical grounding in the diverse principles and practices of radical management
- Exercises, simulations, lectures, case studies
- Group discussions
- Trainer: Simon Roberts
- Duration: 2 days, daily from 09:00 to 17:30
- Included: welcome coffee, lunch and coffee breaks
- Language: English
- Participants will receive a certificate of attendance
- 5% for a group of >3 persons
- send 4 people and the 5th has 50% off
- send 8 people and the 9th goes for free
Need more information? Contact us and we’ll help you choose the right course for you.