Join Michael Feathers to learn how to get a strong sense of control over the evolution of an entire code base!
Technical Debt is a catch-all term that we use for entropy in software development. Systems grow, become unruly, and difficult to work with. When this happens, we often know that we can do better, but it is hard to take concrete actions which help us get a strong sense of control over the evolution of an entire code base.
Who should attend
Developers, Architects, Technical Managers and Team Leaders will benefit the most.
You will learn how to:
- Identify various types of technical debt
- Assess the amount of technical debt in your codebase
- Develop design plans for large-scale refactoring and debt mitigation
- Alter team and organizational process to make refactoring a first-class practice
In this course, Michael Feathers will outline what he has learned about making big changes in large software projects.
You’ll learn techniques all along the continuum of team coordinated refactoring, rewriting, and advanced team practice which help you maximise the potential of your existing code base.
You will need to bring your own laptop configured with your favorite language, IDE or text editor, a unit testing framework, a mocking framework, and a distributed version control system installed. The workshop applies mostly to Java, C# or C++ programmers.
For example, a Java developer might come along with Eclipse, JUnit, Mockito and Git.
- Trainer: Michael Feathers
- Duration: 2 days, daily from 9:00 to 16:30
- Included: welcome coffee, lunch and coffee breaks
- Training language: English
- Attendees will receive a certificate of participation
- 5% for a group of >3 persons
- send 4 people and the 5th has 50% off
- send 8 people and the 9th goes for free
Need more information? Contact us and we’ll help you choose the right course for you.