Agile Planning typically uses user stories. But user stories have a problem: they don’t capture and maintain the context of the story over the whole development period. Jeff Patton has found a better way: a two-dimensional backlog called a story map.
Who should attend
Product Owners, Product Managers, and Business Analysts who want to:
- close the gap between the business view and the technical view on a product
- visualize a clear map of the user journey
- visually define the incremental growth of the product and the release plan
- understand user stories at a more profound level
- want to find a better way to manage the user journey, the product growth, and the release plan
Managers, software developers, and other roles involved in product design and delivery can benefit from applying the user story mapping technique.
In this practical workshop, you will learn how to use story mapping to identify, plan, and focus the features that need to be done from the users’ point of view and to achieve the above objectives.
This workshop is very practical, with about 50% of the time spent practicing the concepts that are presented. You will also benefit from a short presentation, continuous feedback from the trainer, Q&A, and Anti-patterns.
- Fundamentals of user story mapping
- Downsides of user stories and list – style backlogs
- Building user story maps
- What does the user really want – or what is a useful working increment
- Release planning using story maps
- How to improve your User Story Maps
Optional, depending on time and audience:
- Additional facilitation techniques for the Story Mapping workshop
- Personas and how they can help defining story maps
The detailed structure of Story Mapping Skills Online Program is presented on Craft Academy – Mozaic Works Learning Platform, on Learning Program Content section.
For best results, you should have at least 2 years of experience as a product owner, business analyst, or practicing business analysis from other roles. Knowledge of agile principles and practices will help you understand the content better.
- Language: English
- Experiential, hands-on, interactive online learning with practical examples
- Participants will be awarded a Mozaic Works certificate of completion
Need a customized workshop? Contact us and we’ll adapt the content as required.