This is a special type of workshop: learn, apply and get the result in the same time. During this workshop the participants will learn about the types of testing a software team can do, decide which of these tests are useful for their context and create a Testing Strategy Document for further use. This is a hands-on workshop with practical exercises, allowing the participants to understand, create and maintain their testing strategy.
Who should attend
- Scrum Masters
- Product Owners, Product Managers
- Technical Managers.
- Common understanding of the types of tests that can be used
- Who, when, where: create, write, document each type of test
- Who, when, where, how: run each type of test
- Manage each type of tests’ results
- Feedback cycles for each test type
- Incremental backlog for implementing the new testing strategy
- Intro. What is Testing Strategy. How it can help a product decrease the testing costs.
- Discussion: Existing context; identify major issues and desired outcomes
- Testing best practices
- Discussion: types of tests
- Exercise: on 4-5 person groups define each type of test by using a template supplied by the trainer
- Aggregate the defined types of tests
- Group exercise: formulate first Testing Strategy draft with the guidance of the trainer
- Group exercise: the groups creates a visual improvement roadmap to be able to apply the Testing Strategy with the guidance of the trainer
- Group exercise: for each activity from the roadmap the trainer finds a volunteer
- Brainstorm on potential improvements
- Aggregate the final testing strategy containing: types of tests, testing attitude, roadmap to implement it, volunteers and actions
- What’s Next & Feedback
- The attendees of this workshop must know the current context of the product
- It is essential that the group is cross-functional (testers, programmers, analysts, architects, team leads, etc) so that all the testing needs are taken into account
- Hands-on group exercises
- Practical examples from the trainer
- Creating the strategy document during the workshop
- Continuous feedback
- Training language: English / Romanian / French
- Attend the Unit Testing Workshop, Advanced Applied Unit Testing Workshop, Working FAST and Safe with Existing Code Workshop, Design for Changeability Workshop, Practical Evolutionary Design Masterclass
- Plan a few remote 2-hour sessions of Hands-on Training on the Job with the trainer. During these sessions you and your team will work on applying the learned concepts directly in your environment.
Need a customized workshop? Contact us and we’ll adapt the content as required.