Learn how to write simple and maintainable unit tests in this 5-hours workshop guided by the trainer Adrian Bolboaca.
This course introduces participants to writing simple, maintainable unit tests. Plenty of hands-on exercises are used to reinforce the concepts presented, allowing participants to try the new development techniques at first hand.
Who should attend
Software developers with professional experience on at least one software project in Java, C#, C++, Python or Ruby.
Participants would like to know how to write simple maintainable unit tests.
Automating developer tests is a proven way of reducing issues while increasing productivity over the entire lifetime of the project. Automated tests are a solution if:
- Testing the application takes a long time
- The team finds issues that could have been avoided during development (crashes, unexpected behaviors, etc.)
- The maintenance of the project is costly
- End users or the customer find issues in the product
The participants will learn:
- how to write basic unit tests
- to use a unit testing framework
- to use a mocking framework
- to test the system in isolation
- other related topics based on the participants’ questions.
- Introduction to unit testing
- Behavior slicing
- xUnit framework
- State tests and stubs
- Collaboration tests and mocks
- Isolated tests.
You must be proficient in one of Java, C#, C++, Python or Ruby. You should know how to use an xUnit unit testing framework like JUnit, NUnit, phpUnit etc. All examples during the class are in Java, but you will work in your preferred language. You need a laptop with a fully working development environment to use during the class.
- Included: welcome coffee and one coffee break
- Training language: English/Romanian/French
- Participants will receive a certificate of attendance
Need a customized workshop? Contact us and we’ll adapt the content as required.