This workshop teaches programmers how to work better with legacy code and how to save that code from bothering them or anybody else again.
- Are you afraid to change code in parts of the application?
- Are there areas that nobody touches?
- Do you dread fixing bugs, because you find code that’s cryptic and has many side effects?
- When you finally fix the bug, do you get 10 new bugs in the same area?
The workshop is going to teach you how to never face with these issues again.
Who should attend
- Learn the techniques that help you save the legacy code, making sure you never fear it again
- Understand what legacy code is and the problem with saving it
- Learn testing, dependency injection, seams as tools for saving legacy code
- Practice all the techniques on simple exercises and on real projects
- The legacy code change algorithm
- Basic unit testing
- Dependency breaking techniques
- Understand incomprehensible code
- Practice everything
- Gain confidence
- Do it faster
- This is a hands-on workshop, so the participants need to come with their development environment installed and configured, including a testing and mocking framework of their choice.
- The participants can work on source code from their application, on open source projects of choice or on the projects provided by the trainer.
- Included: welcome coffee, lunch and coffee breaks
- Training language: English/Romanian/French
- Participants will receive a certificate of attendance
Need a customized workshop? Contact us and we’ll adapt the content as required.