This intermediate-level training is recommended for all profiles who wish to successfully understand how to function effectively as the Product Owner, or customer, for a Scrum team.
You will learn about activities such as managing stakeholders, ROI, backlog grooming, creating effective stories, acceptance criteria for stories, defining done, and so on.
CSPO training provides an applied understanding of the Scrum framework and helps participants begin to develop the tools, insights, and skills required to apply Scrum on their projects and across their organizations.
“I trust myself to start doing the PO job better” – Iulian L.
“Best training! I liked very much because the trainer adapted it so fast! well done!” – Criss S.
“I took away what needs to be done to be a good PO. I can’t wait to put in practice. Thank you!” – Todd S.
“I enjoyed being able to share knowledge and even though I am a PO for two years, I did collect new knowledge and was reminded some of the principles.” – Cosmin C.
“We have a very complex structure in the company so scalling agile topic was very important & helpful.” – Bianca T.
Who Should Attend
The CSPO is for Managers, Analysts, Product Managers, and anyone interested in working on or with a Scrum team. You will leave with solid knowledge of how and why Scrum works.
Through practical, hands-on exercises and small-group discussion you will be prepared to plan your first (or next) sprint immediately after this class. Scrum Masters can benefit from this course because they must coach Product Owners in these skills.
- Language: English
- Experiential, hands-on, interactive online learning with practical examples
- Participants will be awarded a Mozaic Works certificate of completion
Through a combination of immersive team-based learning, exercises, and real-world case studies, you will learn how to:
- Plan, initiate and lead a Scrum project
- Develop the initial Product Backlog
- Improve the identification of Business Value
- Establish a shared vision for the entire team
- Generate an agile release plan utilizing user stories and story point estimation
- Manage the Gap between customer expectations and the Team’s ability to deliver
- Improve business value engineering
- Balance new features against digging out of technical debt
- Refactor the Product Backlog continuously
- Lead the Team and yet have the Team remain self-managing
- Work with Stakeholders to make them more effective
Product Owner certification (CSPO)
Following the course, each participant is enrolled as a CSPO (Certified Scrum Product Owner). The certification also includes a two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, where additional Scrum materials and information are available.
Participants receive 15 PDUs for this training.
This course qualifies as 15 Scrum Educational Units (SEUs) toward the 70 required to become a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP).
A basic understanding of Scrum is assumed. For example, participants should read one of the above Scrum introduction books or other find another means of self-study. Previous experience on a Scrum team is desirable.