Find answers to your challenges and gain a different perspective of your products’ architecture and design.
The focus areas can be, for design:
- readability – how easy it is to understand the code and what will it take to make it easier to understand
- changeability – how easy it is to add new features to the existing code
- testability – how easy it is to write automated tests on the code
- risks – what are the main risks of the current design and how to reduce them
and for architecture:
- cross-functional requirements: how easy it is to scale, improve performance or reliability for the system
- security: what are the security risks identified in the code and how to prevent them
- strategic risks: what system-wide risks are identified that can have important effects on the future months or years of development
Approach / Way of work
After agreeing on the specific objectives and scope, you benefit of an expert review of the code, design or architecture of an application.
Depending on your needs, we decide together what part of system to assess and what to focus on: modules, components or the entire product.
As part of the analysis and evaluation, we use various techniques, including:
- Analysis and Measurement Tools
- Discussions with the relevant stakeholders on each area
- Evaluation in various ways of the existing artifacts (e.g. existing architecture, code, etc)
- Models for identifying the risks
- Evaluation of the current skills, organization and vision for the future
- Probing the findings and going in-depth when the case
In order to assess the code base, we need read-only access to the source control, the code and the architecture and design documents.
Note: all of the activities can be held remotely.
These activities can be placed under the umbrella of a subscription service.
5 Steps To Grow
I. Get to Know Your Context
First we understand your needs, objectives, and context, so that we can provide the best options for you.
II. Design A Personalised Proposal
III. Agree On Terms
Once you confirm the chosen option, we agree on delivery, timeline, start date, and everything else needed for the best start.
IV. Set The Work Environment
Set everything up for a good collaboration and get ready to start!
V. Start Improving!
Our top-notch, international experts support your growth according to the agreed terms and objectives.