In a world that’s asking for changes faster and faster, a prevalent characteristic we ask from our software desire is changeability. This course teaches you the key elements of how to do this.
Why should attend
You will benefit from this course as a developer or architect if:
- You inherited a big ball of mud that you need to change and you’re thinking there must be a better way
- You’re often asked to make changes to your code that sound easy and simple but prove very lengthy
- You are tired of fixing bugs in one part of the code while another one appears in a completely different part.
- Introduction to software design. What is good design?
- SOLID Principles – rules to follow to design for agility
- Practice SOLID principles
- How did we arrive to design patterns?
- Design Patterns – solutions to common problems
- Practice design patterns
- What’s next?
After the workshop you will be able to apply the principles and patterns in your real world projects.
You should have a few years of professional experience with one object oriented language that you will use during the workshop. You also need to know the basics of object oriented programming: encapsulation, inheritance and polymorphism.
This is a hands-on training – we will code, a lot! Examples will be in Java, but you can work in your own Object Oriented language: C#, C++, python, ruby, PHP etc.
What you’ll need for the workshop:
- A laptop with a working development environment for your favorite object oriented language. This means: an editor /IDE, compiler/interpreter and the standard frameworks.
- Optional: code samples from your real project. We can use them during the exercises.
- Your desire to learn 🙂
- Trainer: Alexandru Bolboaca
- Duration: 1 day, from 09:00 to 17:30
- Included: welcome coffee, lunch and coffee breaks
- Training language: English/Romanian/French
- Participants will receive a certificate of attendance
- 5% for a group of >3 persons
- send 4 people and the 5th has 50% off
- send 8 people and the 9th goes for free
Need a customized workshop? Contact us and we’ll adapt the content as required.