With over 20 years of international experience in the world of software and technology, Alexandru shares about himself:
Being deeply passionate about technology creation I am a continuous learner in the field. Between reading, trying out technologies and multiple programming languages, presenting and participating to developer communities and conferences, I have learned enough to write two books and teach hundreds of developers.
I love working with smart people who want to get better at what they do, whether it’s team work, communication, management or technical skills. I offer you my passion, my experience and my capacity to adapt to your needs.
- Over 20-years experience in software development, technology and transformations fields
- Coached teams from companies ranging from startups to large corporations on: Organizational practices (Scrum, Kanban, XP)
- Technical practices: Unit Testing, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development (TDD), Testing Strategy, working with large codebases, Testing Strategy, Architecture, Design
- DevOps, infrastructure automation, cloud computing. As Mozaic Works CTO, Alex manages the organization infrastructure including technical strategy, multiple websites, internal tools and integrations
- Analysis practices: BDD, Specification by Example, ATDD
- Collaboration practices: pair programming, ensemble / mob programming, communicating more effectively about code and design
- Organizational change: Agile Transition, Lean Transition
- One of the few people who teaches & coaches embedded C/C++ developers on technical practices like: including real time systems
- Author of ‘Usable Software Design’ and co-author of ‘Coderetreat Hosting and Facilitating’
- First Coderetreat facilitator outside US (with Maria Diaconu) – http://coderetreat.org/history details his contribution to the event
- Facilitating Coderetreats, tens of events all over Europe since 2009
- Developed software for small, medium and large companies from more than 5 countries, including UK, Switzerland, France, US, Belgium, Luxembourg and Romania
- Developed software for more than 5 industries, including: banking, energy, telecommunications, media planning, printing, eHealth
- Had the roles of: software developer, team leader, technical lead, project manager, software architect, independent consultant, technical coach, technical trainer and was also exposed to business ideas from the startup community and from my collaboration with Mozaic Works
- Spoke at conferences: Agile Eastern Europe, Agile Central Europe, Open Agile Romania, Web Expo, HowToWeb, OWASP, etc.
- Founding member of the Romanian Agile Lean Community, organized meetings, held multiple presentations and workshops – details available on www.agileworks.ro
- Had unique opportunities of learning with JB Rainsberger, Corey Haines, Janet Gregory, David Hussman and other experienced and famous people from the industry
- One of his best accomplishment is coaching teams to allow them to deploy a new completely-tested feature every 2-3 days at a sustainable pace
You can read the rest of the story on my website.