In today’s conversation Alex discusses with Ian Russell. Ian has been writing software for over 25 years, most of it in the .NET (Core) space. He has been using C# since 2003 and F# since 2012. He has been a regular presenter at .NET User Groups and community conferences around the UK, mainly talking about F#, Functional Programming, Domain-Driven Design, and many techniques and practices for writing better software.
We discuss about his beginnings, learning F#, the mistakes he made learning XP and DDD, and the importance of mentors.
- Blog: https://ijrussell.github.io/
- No Nonsense Monad and Functor – Cesar Tron-Lozai https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6tWJD5q8uw
- Juggling 300 integrations while scaling to 10mil. Signals per day – Christian Folie & Daniel Weller https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmruAS3B3D0
- Articles: https://www.trustbit.tech/blog?author=640f460b8cdf7867fdfad43e
- Book: Essential F# https://leanpub.com/essential-fsharp
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ijrussell
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ian-russell-7b5301ba/
- LinkedIn post with modeling a menu in F#: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7109863108096970752/