Model View Controller is a design pattern very utilized nowadays. But do you know where it comes from? And did you know that it was first used on a large scale in 1970s?
Watch this deep dive into the history of MVC, starting from a Quora answer by Alan Kay. In doing so, you will find out a lot more about software development. Enjoy!
- Alan Kay’s answer on Quora https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-origin-of-model-view-controller
- Video of Alan Kay’s talk on the history of user interface https://archive.org/details/AlanKeyD1987
- About Ivan Sutherland on Wikipedia https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Ivan_Sutherland
- About Sketchpad on Wikipedia https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Sketchpad
- More details about Sketchpad https://www.britannica.com/technology/Sketchpad
Alex Bolboaca is a programmer, CTO, author, trainer and coach at Mozaic Works.
Mozaic Works provides high quality, customized training, coaching, and advice for companies who want to improve their effectiveness in the market, mainly through the use of modern leadership and technical practices.