This course introduces participants to using test-driven development (TDD) to improve software design and overall quality. Participants will be introduced to TDD as a tool for achieving basic correctness and modular design, for learning design, and for exploring solutions to development problems.
Benefit from this intensive learning experience:
- Effective use of TDD to drive development
- Using TDD for achieving and learning modular design
- Using TDD to achieve basic correctness
- Using test doubles (stubs and mocks) for isolated tests
- Behavior slicing
- How to improve your TDD skills after leaving the class
Depending on the audience’s progress and requests, we might also discuss:
- Dealing with legacy code
- Styles of writing tests: mockist vs. classicist
- and other related topics based on the participants’ questions
Plenty of hands-on exercises are used to reinforce the concepts presented, allowing participants to try the new development techniques at first hand.
- Day 1: Introduction to TDD. The TDD cycle, exercises
- Day 2: Further TDD exercises and discussions. Using test doubles for isolated tests. Behavior slicing
- Day 3(optional): Advanced exercises. Topics upon request (e.g. dealing with legacy code)
- Included: welcome coffee, lunch and coffee breaks
- Training language: English/Romanian/French
- Participants will receive a certificate of attendance
Need a customized workshop? Contact us and we’ll adapt the content as required.